The ability to manage staff is pivotal in any enterprise (commercial or public); and in a society where law is becoming increasingly complex; the modern horticultural manager also needs to have a firm understanding of basic legal practice. This course focuses on building your capacity to manage staff and legal aspects within the horticultural enterprise.
This Operational Business Management Part 2 (Horticulture) course from Warnborough College can be used as a credit in our diplomas or is also ideal for use as a Professional Development program for persons working in the horticulture industry anywhere in the world.
- Discuss, examine and evaluate legal systems and laws that are relevant to the management of horticultural enterprises.
- Examine, evaluate and debate the elements that comprise the making of valid contracts in the horticulture industry.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the principal areas of employment legislation
- Compare financial management requirements for a series of optional horticultural enterprises in two or more different countries.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the principal areas of performance management and staffing within a business environment.
- Determine and apply an understanding of motivation theory to better manage staff performance within a horticultural business environment
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
The duration of this online course is 100 hours. This consists of 7 in-depth lessons:
- The Law and Horticulture
- Contract Law
- Employment Law
- PBL Financial Management
- Staff Performance Management
- Motivating Employees in Horticulture
- PBL Management Case Study
Start dates & application deadlines
- You may enrol and start at any time of the year – it’s all self-paced.
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership Agribusiness Horticulture View 203 other Short Courses in Management, Organisation & Leadership in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
International395 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 395 GBP for the full programme
EU/EEA395 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 395 GBP for the full programme
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.