This Leisure Facility Management Part 2 course from Warnborough College relates to the management and maintenance of both indoor and outdoor facilities and equipment, including swimming pools, locker rooms, buildings, gymnasiums, and sports turf. Content includes monitoring the condition of equipment, routine maintenance programming and simple repair procedures.
This course develops a manager’s ability to participate effectively as part of a design team for major works, or to plan and direct contractors in the development of minor facilities. It covers:
- Ergonomic considerations
- Managing construction work
- Design of sportsgrounds
- Design of indoor facilities
- Design of gymnasium equipment
- Identify work tasks involved in the maintenance of recreation facilities.
- Manage the condition of recreational water facilities, including swimming pools.
- Manage the condition of a sports turf facility, including monitoring and maintaining the condition of turf.
- Manage the condition of a gymnasium, including monitoring the condition of structures and equipment.
- Manage the condition of a public building, including monitoring.
- Explain design factors for recreation facilities.
- Explain the concept of ergonomics related to recreation facility design.
- Explain the design of an outdoor recreation facility used in the industry.
- Explain the design of an indoor recreation facility.
- Arrange moveable equipment and furnishings in a way to maximise predetermined criteria, including safety and function, within the physical confines of a facility.
- Explain the design of fitness equipment.
- Develop a management strategy for the construction of part, or all, of a recreation facility.
- Work Schedules
- Work Teams
- Workplace Efficiency
- Staff Performance
- Workplace Communications
- Staff Grievances
- Developing a Staff Manual
- 4 days
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesManagement Studies Hospitality Management Tourism & Leisure View 69 other Short Courses in Tourism & Leisure in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any specific GRE, GMAT or GPA grading score requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Students are assumed to have some broad experience or knowledge in Leisure Facility Management (Managing daily use is covered in far more detail in the first course, but not in this one).
International395 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 395 GBP for the full programme during 4 days.
National395 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 395 GBP for the full programme during 4 days.