Develop your own interactive dashboard that tells a data-driven story.
Data becomes valuable when it allows us to make a decision or take action in the real world.
On this Data Science - Data-Driven Decision Making Microcredential at Monash University by FutureLearn, you’ll work through practical programming exercises in R language to learn the process of tidying, harvesting and wrangling data and applying statistical models to simulate complex functions that solve a broad range of problems.
Using data visualisation techniques, you’ll learn to interpret and explain data to inform your decision-making process and communicate your message to others.
You’ll also explore the essential ethical, legal and organisational issues of data collection and management.
You’ll gain the skills you need to apply for roles as a data scientist or use the knowledge you’ve gained to enhance your current organisation.
What skills will you learn?
- Data wrangling
- R programming
- Developing data analysis workflows
- Work with and visualise spatial and temporal data
- Developing statistical models
- Harvesting data
- Tidying data
- Data collection methods
- Data visualisation
- Data analysis
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
What is a microcredential?
Microcredentials are designed to upskill you for work in rapidly-growing industries, without the time and cost commitment of a full degree. Your microcredential can stand alone as an independent credential, and some also offer academic credit to use towards a degree.
- Wrangling and Workflow
- Modelling and Visualisation
- Formats, Ethics, and Storytelling
- 3 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
6 credit points at Postgraduate level from Monash University
DisciplinesMarketing Data Science & Big Data Digital Marketing View 49 other Short Courses in Marketing in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- This data science microcredential is designed for anyone interested in developing skills in industry-standard tools and techniques, and enhancing their ability to use data to inform real-world decision-making.
- Monash strongly recommends that you’ve studied maths or statistics at a first-year undergraduate level before joining this microcredential. To complete the programming exercises, you’ll need a computer to install and run RStudio and install R packages.
International1429 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1429 USD for the full programme during 3 months.
National1429 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1429 USD for the full programme during 3 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.