Digital Photography - Creating a Professional Portfolio Microcredential at The Open University by FutureLearn will encourage you to explore different areas of photography to help you identify where you want to develop your creative photography skills, confidence, and knowledge. Some of the subjects covered in this course include:
- ‘Things’ – including product and food photography
- ‘People and events’ – exploring portraiture, sports, and photojournalism
- ‘Environment’ - looking at wildlife, buildings, architecture, and landscapes
You will learn how to work to a brief and how to prepare and take images to create a body of work within these subjects that tell a visually cohesive story. You will discover how your approach to taking or displaying an image can affect how it is understood and explore the conventions related to particular genres.
What you will achieve
By the end of the microcredential, you’ll be able to:
- Recognise photographic genres/areas and their conventions, styles and approaches
- Create a set of high quality (visually and technically proficient) images in your chosen subject genre that communicate a clear narrative
- Communicate clearly in writing about your individual photographic approach to your chosen subject
- Use information technology to organise and publish your images online
- Use communication skills to participate in online discussion areas
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
What is a microcredential?
Microcredentials are designed to upskill you for work in rapidly-growing industries, without the time and cost commitment of a full degree. Your microcredential can stand alone as an independent credential, and some also offer academic credit to use towards a degree.
- Digital Photography: Discover Your Genre and Develop Your Style
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 2 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- No Attendance
- Proactive tutoring and support
- Individual work/assignments (with online group discussions)
DisciplinesVisual Arts Film, Photography & Media Digital Marketing View 45 other Short Courses in Digital Marketing in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- To study this microcredential, you should be able to operate a camera in semi-automatic or manual mode and will have a solid, theoretical, and practical understanding of the basics such as ISO, shutter speed, exposure and depth of field.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International644 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 644 USD for the full programme during 2 months.
National644 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 644 USD for the full programme during 2 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.