Development is a complex process, and managing development intervention requires a combination of purposeful design and the confidence to adapt flexibly to changing circumstances.
On this Global Development in Practice - Designing an Intervention Microcredential at The Open University by FutureLearn , you’ll build the skills to effectively manage the development intervention process on the ground.
Using real-life case studies, you’ll engage with development tools, frameworks and methodologies that can be used for planning, implementing and evaluating development interventions.
As well as practical development strategies, you’ll explore the associated theoretical issues and debates.
What skills will you learn?
- People management
- Data management
- Project planning
- Planning development
- Business communications
- Project management
- Data analytics
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
What is a microcredential?
Microcredentials are designed to upskill you for work in rapidly-growing industries, without the time and cost commitment of a full degree. Your microcredential can stand alone as an independent credential, and some also offer academic credit to use towards a degree.
- The nature of intervention
- Designing a development management intervention
- Current thinking on development management
- Quantitative investigative methods for development managers
- Skills for critical appraisal
- Conventional evaluation
- Impact evaluation: a guide
- Broadening the perspective on impact evaluation
- Doing evaluation differently
- Bringing your learning together
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 3 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Microcredentials with credit are designed to be transferable. You can use the credit as one of the credentials listed on your application form for any university or course, and you can include it on your CV when you apply for a job.
DisciplinesDesign International Development View 79 other Masters in Design in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- To study for this postgraduate microcredential, you must hold a bachelors degree or an equivalent level qualification.
- It is also recommended that you have experience of working in the global development industry.
- All teaching is in English, and your proficiency in the language needs to be adequate for postgraduate study. If English is not your first language we recommend you can achieve an IELTS score of at least seven.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International969 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 969 USD for the full programme during 3 months.
National969 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 969 USD for the full programme during 3 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.