Get an introduction to the key factors behind healthcare decision making.
As healthcare systems around the world grapple with an unprecedented strain on resources and equipment, health economics and health technology assessment is in the spotlight like never before – and is certain to be a burgeoning field of employment in years to come.
Being able to fully understand the different factors behind the economics of healthcare – and how technology can affect clinical outcomes – is crucial to managing or participating in large-scale healthcare projects or organisations. Having the skills to critically access and discuss these issues can set your CV apart.
On this Introduction to Health Economics and Health Technology Assessment Microcredential at University of Glasgow by FutureLearn , you’ll explore practical case studies with experts in the field. You’ll learn how to critically discuss the key concepts of health economics – including the healthcare market, and clinical outcomes – and how to examine the core issues of health technology assessment, including the stakeholders involved, outputs, assessment, and impact.
What skills will you learn?
- Task-based and directed learning
- Critical appraisal
- Critical reflection
- Team working
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
What is a microcredential?
Microcredentials are designed to upskill you for work in rapidly-growing industries, without the time and cost commitment of a full degree. Your microcredential can stand alone as an independent credential, and some also offer academic credit to use towards a degree.
- Welcome to Introduction to Health Economics and Health Technology Assessment
- What is Health Economics?
- What is Health Technology Assessment?
- The Health Minister’s Dilemma
- Exploring the Relationship Between Health Economics (HE) and Health Technology Assessment (HTA)
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 70 days
Start dates & application deadlines
Microcredentials with credit are designed to be transferable. You can use the credit as one of the credentials listed on your application form for any university or course, and you can include it on your CV when you apply for a job.
- No Attendance
- Proactive tutoring and support
- Individual work/assignments (with online group discussions)
DisciplinesEconomics Health Sciences Technology Management View 133 other Short Courses in Health Sciences in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- To join this microcredential, you will need at least a 2:1 Honours degree or equivalent in a relevant quantitative subject (ie. economics, mathematics, statistics, medicine, pharmacy, epidemiology, or health services research) from a recognised institution.
- Consideration may be given to those with a relevant professional qualification who have experience in the field of health economics and/or health technology assessment.
- This course would appeal to anyone interested in undertaking research projects funded by HTA agencies, national research bodies, or health technology companies.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International1069 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1069 USD for the full programme during 70 days.
National1069 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1069 USD for the full programme during 70 days.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.