Improve your understanding of the psychological impact of COVID-19
The coronavirus pandemic is placing unprecedented mental strain on people around the world. You may be caring for someone vulnerable, struggling with finances, at risk yourself, or even grieving a loved one. All our lives have been affected.
On this COVID-19 - Psychological Impact, Wellbeing and Mental Health from Maudsley Learning by FutureLearn , you’ll identify the factors specific to COVID-19 that impact our wellbeing and mental health – at an individual, group and societal level.
You’ll learn helpful strategies and advice on how to deal with the anxiety and uncertainty of COVID-19, cope with its challenges, and ultimately prepare for life after coronavirus.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you'll be able to:
- Improve understanding of the psychological impact of COVID-19 on wellbeing and mental health in society
- Develop knowledge of the impact of COVID-19 on me and those around me
- Improve ability to apply knowledge around managing my own wellbeing and mental health during COVID-19
- Improve understanding of the psychological impact of COVID-19 on my support network, work colleagues and local community
- Engage with peers to create learning opportunities with others interested in mental health and COVID-19
- Reflect on the experiences of others regarding COVID-19
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureWhat topics will you cover?
- Week 1: The Psychological Impact of COVID-19
- Week 2: Steps to Take to Cope with COVID-19
- Week 3: What Next? Preparing for Life after COVID-19
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 21 days
Start dates & application deadlines
- No Attendance
- Proactive tutoring and support
- Individual work/assignments (with online group discussions)
DisciplinesPsychology Public Health Health Sciences View 51 other Short Courses in Public Health in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- This course would be useful for the general public as it considers the issues from a wide range of perspectives.
- It would benefit mental healthcare service users, carers, families, and health and social care workers, in addition to anyone else impacted by coronavirus across society.
- It has a special focus on healthcare workforce issues.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 USD per year during 21 days.
NationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 USD per year during 21 days.
It's free to join and study this course, you have the option to upgrade and receive a digital and printed certificate for $39. Additional benefits can be reached via the Unlimited FutureLearn product.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.