Understand how consumer psychology affects the lives of customers and companies
Have you ever wondered why you buy one brand of cereal over another? Or why you might react to different types of advertising? Your decisions are motivated by a number of factors. The study of these factors is called consumer psychology.
On this Consumer Behaviour and Psychology from Coventry University by FutureLearn you will explore what consumer psychology means and how it’s related to the rise of a consumer society. You will be introduced to basic marketing concepts and you will understand how these concepts affect the relationship between customers and the companies. And you will reflect on how consumer psychology impacts the decisions you make everyday.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you'll be able to:
- Describe consumer psychology
- Assess the importance of consumer psychology
- Explain how consumer psychology grew in parallel with the consumer society
- Distinguish between consumer psychology, consumer behaviour and marketing
- Describe consumer-oriented marketing
- Apply the concepts of market segmentation and product positioning
- Describe the process of consumer decision making
- Explain the product lifecycle
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureWhat topics will you cover?
- What is consumer psychology?
- Consumer psychology and the consumer society
- Consumer-oriented marketing
- Consumer choice and decision making
- 14 days
Start dates & application deadlines
- No Attendance
- Proactive tutoring and support
- Individual work/assignments (with online group discussions)
DisciplinesFamily & Consumer Science Psychology Organisational Behaviour View 105 other Short Courses in Psychology in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- This course is for people seeking a better understanding of consumer psychology and how it affects the decision-making process of both individuals and companies.
- Please note that the staff described in the ‘Who will you learn with?’ section below may be subject to change.
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 USD per year during 14 days.
NationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 USD per year during 14 days.
It's free to join and study this course, you have the option to upgrade and receive a digital and printed certificate for $64. Additional benefits can be reached via the Unlimited FutureLearn product.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.