Contracts are fundamental to all business activities and relationships are fundamental to all contracts.
This in Contract Management - Building Relationships in Business from University of Southampton and IACCM by FutureLearn will help you understand contract management processes; give you the confidence to develop new contracts; and help you build successful relationships to implement contracts effectively.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you'll be able to:
- Explore what can go right or wrong in relationships
- Debate how the rules and regulations that govern public and private sector procurement can affect behaviour
- Identify ways you can ensure that what you buy (or sell) is what you and your customer / client really needs
- Engage in a stakeholder analysis activity by sharing your own ideas and providing feedback on others
- Explore your supplier relationships and compare what your fellow learners are doing more or less of than in your own organisation
- Reflect on what actions you will now take to learn more about the course topics and take the lessons forward into your workplace
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureWhat topics will you cover?
- Commercial relationships and the pitfalls to avoid in contracting
- The rules and regulations that govern business, trade and public procurement and how this can affect behaviour
- Understanding customers and designing a business case and subsequent delivery and support system around their needs
- Contracts exist in chains and networks. Managing interdependency and business relationships
- Ensuring that stakeholders are engaged
- The role of negotiation and how to be in the best position to make Win-Win negotiations a reality
- Managing risk and identifying ‘unknown unknowns’
- Examining what innovation is and how it can be fostered
- Introducing the top attributes of successful contracts and the new skill sets that will be required in the future
- Understand the benefits contract simplification and visualization can bring to your contracting relationships
- Understand why there is a growing use of performance and outcome-based contracting models
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 21 days
Start dates & application deadlines
- No Attendance
- Proactive tutoring and support
- Individual work/assignments (with online group discussions)
DisciplinesBusiness Administration International Relations Management, Organisation & Leadership View 101 other Short Courses in Business Administration in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- This free online course is designed for anyone who wants to better understand what is involved in commercial business relationships, and the process of managing contractual agreements.
- It is suitable for those working in the public, private and third sectors.
- Relationships and contracts are core to all commercial as well as not for profit activities. Managing them well is a core skill for everyone in all aspects of life.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 USD per year during 21 days.
NationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 USD per year during 21 days.
It's free to join and study this course, you have the option to upgrade and receive a digital and printed certificate for $89. Additional benefits can be reached via the Unlimited FutureLearn product.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.