Boost your vocabulary teaching skills.
On this An Introduction to Teaching Vocabulary course from Babcock by FutureLearn you will understand the fundamentals of teaching vocabulary. You will explore key research related to vocabulary teaching and learn vocabulary teaching strategies that you can apply in your own context.
You will develop as a teaching professional as you learn from not only experts in teaching vocabulary but also from your teaching peers. You should leave the course confident in your ability to help your student develop their vocabulary.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you'll be able to:
- Explore some of the research focused on vocabulary teaching and the word gap
- Identify effective strategies for teaching vocabulary and apply them in your own context
- Discuss and reflect on the outcomes of the work you undertake in your context
- Reflect on the role and importance of metacognition in vocabulary teaching
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
What topics will you cover?
This course covers vocabulary teaching that will have an impact on:
- pupils’ speaking
- Explore key research into teaching vocabulary techniques
- Understand teaching strategies
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 1 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- No Attendance
- Proactive tutoring and support
- Individual work/assignments (with online group discussions)
DisciplinesEducation Creative Writing Teaching View 63 other Short Courses in Education in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- This course is for educators involved in teaching vocabulary.
- This includes teachers of all levels, school leaders, subject leaders for English, literacy coordinators, teaching assistants, librarians, early years practitioners, and those currently in teacher training.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 USD per year during 1 months.
NationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 USD per year during 1 months.
It's free to join and study this course, you have the option to upgrade and receive a digital and printed certificate for $39. Additional benefits can be reached via the Unlimited FutureLearn product.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.