This Foundations for Biomedical Science PhDs Serving Indigenous Cultures (Certificate NDP) program from University of Arizona will enhance the confidence and success of participants and their matriculation into strong biomedical PhD programs and subsequently increase the diversity of PhD-level scientists.
College of Medicine
The University of Arizona College of Medicine – Tucson provides state-of-the-art programs of medical education, groundbreaking research opportunities, and leading-edge patient care. As Arizona’s only MD degree-granting college, the UA College of Medicine is proud to be a resource for the state and its people.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Mechanisms of Human Diseases
- Biostatistics in Public Health
- Traditional Indian Medicine: Health, Healing, and Well Being
- Mexican Traditional Medicine: An Overview of Indigenous Curing Cultures
- Issues in Native American Health: An Introduction to Critical Thinking
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 6 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering Biomedicine View 6 other Short Courses in Bio & Biomedical Engineering in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- A tribal member of an affiliated American Indian/Alaskan Native tribe
- Must have a GPA of 2.75 or higher
- Must have graduated or be in the process of graduating with a baccalaureate degree in a biomedically relevant science from an accredited US college or university (no more than 36 months prior to applying to UA PREPs certificate program
- Must not be currently enrolled in a graduate degree program
- Must plan to enter a PhD program in a biomedical field after successful completion of certificate program
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International20126 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10063 USD per semester during 6 months.
National20126 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10063 USD per semester during 6 months.
In-State11938 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 5969 USD per semester during 6 months.
Living costs for Tucson
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.