The Introduction to Python Programming course from TU Berlin, covers two parts: Python programming and advanced Python modules. In the first part, you will learn about Python programming including data types, control structures (if-else, for-loop, while) and basic algorithms, file operations, code-reuse (function, class, module), and program debugging.
In the second part, you will learn to use some most common and popular Python modules for data processing: NumPy, Pandas for data analysis; Matplotlib, Seaborn for data visualization; Requests, Beautiful Soup for crawling.
- Learn basic Python programming with examples
- Know how to modularize your code with function, class and module
- Learn to install and run a third-party Python library using pip
- Use common Python tools for data analysis and visualization
- Know basic knowledge to crawl data online
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- live lectures
- independent assignments
- webinars for assignments discussion and solutions
- independent project
- webinars for project discussion/tutoring
- 14 days
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
Registrations deadlines are one month before the start of your course.
- Fully structured
- Regular mandatory meetings
- Continuous support with feedback on request, Proactive tutoring and support
- Individual work/assignments (with online group discussions), Online group works/assignments
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Sciences Computer Sciences Data Science & Big Data View 5 other Short Courses in Informatics & Information Sciences in Germany
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Participants of the TU Berlin Summer & Winter University must meet the following requirements: B2 level English, or equivalent and at least one year of university experience.
- Fully functional device (laptop, tablet, PC)
- Stable internet connection
- Software: Zoom (App installed on desktop or over browser. Participants are requested to use their real name as zoom account name)
- Recommended: external headset for better sound quality
International720 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 720 EUR per year during 14 days.
EU/EEA720 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 720 EUR per year during 14 days.
- Student: 720 Euro
- Working professional/Non-student: 1120 Euro
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.