After the How to Research Trends course offered by Birmingham City University you will be able to look at the world as a forecaster, spot interesting signs of change in various industries and create ‘trendslations’ for a specific brand or organisation.
Why choose us?
- Combination of practical & theoretical activities
- Learning-by-doing approach
- Outside activities
- Teacher works in the industry
- In this live interactive online course you are introduced to the basics of trend forecasting and the 3-phased trend research cycle: scan, analyse, apply.
- You will create a trend scan plan and learn-by-doing by going outside for trend spotting. On return, you will create a trend wall as a group using mural, a shared interactive online tool.
- The next step is to analyse your findings from your trend wall and define various trend directions.
- Last but not least, you will use your trend insights to kickstart your trend ideation.
- As a group you will brainstorm about applying trends to specific organizations or brands.
- The course ends by pitching a trend based innovative idea to your peers.
- 4 days
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Innovation Management View 25 other Short Courses in Innovation Management in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Birmingham City University and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- This course is for students and processionals from any type of studies or industry who are curios and interested in change.
International400 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 400 GBP for the full programme during 4 days.
National400 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 400 GBP for the full programme during 4 days.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.