In this class you will learn the basics of the industry’s leading software tool, ArcGIS, during four week-long modules:
- Week 1: Learn how GIS grew from paper maps to the globally integrated electronic software packages of today. You will install ArcGIS on your computer and learn how to use online help to answer technical questions.
- Week 2: Open up ArcGIS and explore data using ArcMap. Learn the foundational concepts of GIS, how to analyze data, and make your first map.
- Week 3: Make your own maps! Symbolize data and create an eye-catching final product.
- Week 4: Share your data and maps and learn to store and organize your data.
Take Fundamentals of GIS as a standalone course or as part of the Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Specialization. By completing the first class in the Specialization you will gain the skills needed to succeed in the full program.
Students who need an ArcGIS license will receive a non-commercial, 1 year student license for participation in this course and specialization.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Course Introduction and Introduction to Geographic Information Systems (GIS)
- ArcGIS Basics
- Making Maps With Common Datasets
- Retrieving and Sharing Data
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 1 months
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Sciences Geographical Information Systems (GIS) Business Information Systems View 15 other Short Courses in Geographical Information Systems (GIS) in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- At least 2 years of business skills and familiar with analyzing data.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 USD per year during 1 months.
NationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 USD per year during 1 months.
You can choose from hundreds of free courses, or get a degree or certificate at a breakthrough price. You can now select Coursera Plus, an annual subscription that provides unlimited access.
Coursera provides financial aid to learners who cannot afford the fee. Apply for it by clicking on the Financial Aid link beneath the "Enroll" button on the left. You'll be prompted to complete an application and will be notified if you are approved. You'll need to complete this step for each course in the Specialization, including the Capstone Project.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.