Your completed project will demonstrate your mastery of the content in the GIS Specialization and is broken up into four phases:
- Milestone 1: Project Proposal - Conceptualize and design your project in the abstract, and write a short proposal that includes the project description, expected data needs, timeline, and how you expect to complete it.
- Milestone 2: Workflow Design - Develop the analysis workflow for your project, which will typically involve creating at least one core algorithm for processing your data. The model need not be complex or complicated, but it should allow you to analyze spatial data for a new output or to create a new analytical map of some type.
- Milestone 3: Data Analysis – Obtain and preprocess data, run it through your models or other workflows in order to get your rough data products, and begin creating your final map products and/or analysis.
- Milestone 4: Web and Print Map Creation – Complete your project by submitting usable and attractive maps and your data and algorithm for peer review and feedback.
What You Will Learn
- Create a GIS project proposal
- Develop a hypothesis for a GIS-based question
- Complete a data analysis in line with your project objectives
- Interpret and explain the results you obtained in comparison to your original GIS question and/or hypothesis
Get more detailsVisit programme website
- Project Proposal
- Project Proposal Submission
- Planning Your Workflow
- Data Analysis
- Data Analysis Continue
- Data Analysis Submission
- Creating Your Maps
- Creating Your Maps Submission
Check out the full curriculumVisit programme website
- 2 months
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesProject Management Information Technology (IT) Geographical Information Systems (GIS) View 102 other Short Courses in Project Management in United States
Explore more key informationVisit programme website
We are not aware of any specific GRE, GMAT or GPA grading score requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit programme website
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 USD for the full programme during 2 months.
NationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 USD for the full programme during 2 months.
You can choose from hundreds of free courses, or get a degree or certificate at a breakthrough price. You can now select Coursera Plus, an annual subscription that provides unlimited access.
Coursera provides financial aid to learners who cannot afford the fee. Apply for it by clicking on the Financial Aid link beneath the "Enroll" button on the left. You'll be prompted to complete an application and will be notified if you are approved. You'll need to complete this step for each course in the Specialization, including the Capstone Project.