Course 5 discusses policies in four areas: housing, education, healthcare, and immigration, with an optional fifth module in child protection.
- First we’ll look at housing policy, with its contrasting supports for homeowners and renters.
- Then we’ll interpret the structure that provides education and examine debates about its future.
- The third module will differentiate the issues in the U.S. healthcare system and develop the structure of public healthcare programs.
- Next, the course will lay out immigration policies and weigh the push and pull of the debate about immigration reform.
- The optional fifth module traces the child protection system its beginnings to the present day and appraises the failures and strengths of the system.
The Health, Housing, and Educational Services course offered by Coursera in partnership with Columbia University is part of a sequence in social policy that has an HONORS TRACK. This track will prepare the learner for masters-level work in policy, which involves reading the literature, writing concise summaries and probing critiques. Over the sequence the learner will develop a policy analysis that will create a foundation for professional policy analyst assignments.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Housing and Education
- Understanding healthcare delivery in the U.S.
- ACA, Medicare, and Medicaid
- BONUS: Child Protective Services
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 35 days
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesEducation Health Administration Health Sciences View 51 other Short Courses in Education in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Beginner Level
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 USD for the full programme during 35 days.
NationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 USD for the full programme during 35 days.
You can choose from hundreds of free courses, or get a degree or certificate at a breakthrough price. You can now select Coursera Plus, an annual subscription that provides unlimited access.
Coursera provides financial aid to learners who cannot afford the fee. Apply for it by clicking on the Financial Aid link beneath the "Enroll" button on the left. You'll be prompted to complete an application and will be notified if you are approved.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.