Networks play an increasingly dominant role in many social, business, and economic environments. Moreover, network data becomes increasingly important and available due to the rise of online social media and digitization.
Upon successful completion of the Econometrics of Networks course from Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam , students will:
- become acquainted with different statistical methodologies for analyzing networks while learning how to see these different methodologies complementing each other.
- learn to model network problem situations mathematically, and adapt the methods learned to new situations at hand.
- be able to recognize, understand, and analyze societal and business problems in which networks are central.
- learn how networks affect demand and supply in markets, how this leads to market failures, and how government policies can address these.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- examples of Networks and Data;
- network Statistics, Visualization and Graphs;
- econometrics of Interactions in Networks;
- econometrics of Network Formation;
- joint Estimation of Outcomes and Network Formation.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 5 days
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Early Bird deadline: 1 October
- Application deadline: 15 November
DisciplinesEconomics Business Administration Econometrics View 4 other Short Courses in Econometrics in Netherlands
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- The course will be accessible to advanced undergraduate and graduate students as well as practitioners from all related fields.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International600 EUR/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 600 EUR for the full programme during 5 days.
EU/EEA600 EUR/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 600 EUR for the full programme during 5 days.
- Professionals: €800
- Students, PhD students and employees at Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam and Amsterdam UMC: €500
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.