In this Data Analytics for Decision Making Microcredential from Queen Mary University of London by FutureLearn you will learn the fundamental principles of data analytics, working through practical programming exercises in Python to solve basic data analytic problems alongside world-leading experts.
Get data analytics training that matters
From transport to healthcare to shopping, everyday activities are increasingly leaving digital footprints that are transforming the workplace. Data analytics is the study of this ‘big data’.
While the world is becoming ever more data-driven, many employers are increasingly searching for people with the analytical skills who can help them make sense of it by gaining insights and knowledge from the datasets that are generated around us. This is where data scientists come in.
What skills will you learn?
- Data analytics: basic principles
- Data processes
- Data visualisation
- Data tool comparison
- Ethical data handling
- Machine Learning modelling
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
What is a microcredential?
Microcredentials are designed to upskill you for work in rapidly-growing industries, without the time and cost commitment of a full degree. Your microcredential can stand alone as an independent credential, and some also offer academic credit to use towards a degree.
- Data Analytics Fundamentals
- Machine Learning Techniques
- Data Science Ethics
- 3 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Microcredentials with credit are designed to be transferable. You can use the credit as one of the credentials listed on your application form for any university or course, and you can include it on your CV when you apply for a job.
DisciplinesComputer Sciences Data Science & Big Data Web Technologies & Cloud Computing View 48 other Short Courses in Web Technologies & Cloud Computing in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Queen Mary recommends that you have successfully completed a first degree before embarking on this microcredential and that you are prepared for studying and engaging with academic concepts at a postgraduate level.
- There are no technical requirements apart from access to a computer and the internet.\
- As a guidance, we would recommend that you have either studied in an English speaking country and/or your degree was taught in English, and/or that you have achieved an overall English Language IELTS (or equivalent) score of 6.5, including 6.0 in Writing, and 5.5 in Reading, Listening, and Speaking.
International1004 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1004 USD for the full programme during 3 months.
National1004 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1004 USD for the full programme during 3 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.