There are many approaches addressing early-stage entrepreneurship and the challenges facing mature corporations, but a big gap when it comes to understanding the key drivers for growth and how to address them.
This Business Growth - Tackling the Scale-up Challenge course EIT Food by FutureLearn introduces the Triple Chasm Model, a unique new approach to managing the growth challenge based on research which resulted in two new books: Camels, Tigers & Unicorns and The Scale-up Manual.
Supported by lead author, Uday Phadke, you’ll discover why there’s a need for a new approach, the concepts behind the Triple Chasm Model and how to apply them to your venture.
What will you achieve?By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Summarise classic approaches to scaling along with their limitations
- Summarise the logic behind the new systematic integrated Triple Chasm Model
- Apply the modified Technology Readiness and Commercialisation Readiness levels
- Reflect on how to assess the maturity of your proposition
- Explore the external meso-economic vectors including market space, positioning, customer focus and go-to-market variables
- Reflect on the experience of applying the external meso-economic vectors to your proposition with other learners and the Educators
- Explore the internal meso-economic vectors including Contingent Technology Deployment, IP Management, Product Definition & Synthesis, Manufacturing & Deployment, Talent, Leadership & Culture and Funding & Investment
- Explore commercialisation strategy and business model development
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureWhat topics will you cover?
- Week 1 - Introduction to Scale-up and the new Triple Chasm approach
- Week 2 - Maturity and the Commercialisation Journey
- Week 3 - External meso-economic Considerations (Vectors)
- Week 4 - Internal meso-economic Considerations (Vectors)
- Week 5 - Commercialisation Strategy and Business Models
- 1 months
- 5 hrs/week
Start dates & application deadlines
- No Attendance
- Proactive tutoring and support
- Individual work/assignments (with online group discussions)
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Business Intelligence & Analytics International Business
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- This course is designed for members of leadership teams in innovative high-growth SMEs.
- It is targeted in particular at CXO level executives including CEOs, commercial directors, technical directors, finance directors, marketing directors, heads of product management, and heads of sales.
International139 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 139 USD for the full programme during 1 months.
National139 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 139 USD for the full programme during 1 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.