During the Clinical Supervision for Health Professionals program from Queensland University of Technology by FutureLearn you will discover how to improve the quality of students’ learning on clinical placement.
What does it take to become an effective clinical supervisor? This course introduces you to the skills and tools you need to approach your supervisory responsibilities with more confidence.
You’ll explore the core principles of learning and teaching in a clinical setting, and understand how to create optimal learning environments. You’ll find out how to compose constructive feedback and communicate it to students effectively. You’ll learn how to apply key strategies to your own practice, so your students experience a productive and successful clinical placement.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
What topics will you cover?
Foundations for clinical supervision
- Clinical learning environment
- Principles of experiential learning
- Learning and teaching styles
- Creating optimal learning environments
- Preparing for student placements
- Building relationships
- Clarifying expectations
- Negotiating learning plans
- Questioning for critical thinking
- Purposeful observation
- Facilitating skills development
- Enabling reflection on learning
- Providing constructive feedback
- 21 days
- 3 hrs/week
Start dates & application deadlines
- No Attendance
- Proactive tutoring and support
- Individual work/assignments (with online group discussions)
DisciplinesHealth Management Health Sciences Health Informatics View 27 other Short Courses in Health Management in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- This course is designed for health professionals in any clinical discipline, and supervisors who are responsible for guiding and mentoring students on clinical placement.
- You are likely to be a skilled health practitioner working in a clinical setting where students will eventually practise.
International99 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 99 USD for the full programme during 21 days.
National99 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 99 USD for the full programme during 21 days.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.