The Landscape Governance course from Wageningen University and Research focuses on institutional development at landscape level including multi-stakeholder platforms and networks, and financial support mechanisms to guide landscape dynamics on the ground.
Course programme in more detail
Forested landscapes worldwide are increasingly integrated in global processes of trade, market development, resource exploitation and climate change.
This is why landscapes are increasingly considered to be appropriate levels to negotiate land use options. Within forested landscapes food production,commodity agriculture, biodiversity, resource extraction and other land uses are competing for space. Negotiation and conflict mediation between stakeholders and their interests are therefore increasingly needed and a new breed of professionals is high in demand.
What will you learn?
Upon completion of the course you will:
- Critically examine landscape dynamics at various levels and scales;
- Understand the implications of up-scaling participation to working with diverse stakeholder groups at landscape level;
- Be able to identify the institutional change needed to enhance public-private collaboration and multi-stakeholder governance processes at landscape level;
- Be able to assess your own role as manager or practitioner, and develop your competencies as a facilitator of landscape governance processes.
- 2 months
- 13 hrs/week
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesLandscape Architecture Agriculture Forestry View 7 other Short Courses in Landscape Architecture in Netherlands
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- The short courses are designed for professionals with at least a BSc-level (or equivalent) and a minimum of three years of relevant work experience. Applications from students will not be taken into consideration.
Minimum technical and software requirements for online learning courses are:
- Stable internet connection: required to access the online learning platform and assignments (at least 3G mobile network).
- Hardware requirement: acces to a laptop, smartphone, tablet or a personal computer with webcam and microphone.
The scholarship applicant is a professional with at least 3 years of work experiences and at least a bachelor degree.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.