By effectively managing behaviour in the classroom, your students will benefit and you’ll enjoy your teaching more.On this Managing Behaviour for Learning course at FutureLearn , you’ll explore how your own behaviour influences your students’, and learn how to control your emotional responses when you’re interacting in the classroom. You’ll discover the latest techniques in classroom management and develop your capability to achieve consistency.
You’ll also learn how to properly recognise positive behaviour from your students and build trust in your classroom. You’ll be supported by other teachers experienced in behaviour management.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Assess how your own behaviour influences the behaviour of your students.
- Apply rules and routines to achieve consistency.
- Apply recognition intelligently to motivate students.
- Demonstrate how to reduce friction when students behave badly.
- Develop reparation and restorative practice.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Managing your own behaviour to influence theirs
- Using rules and routines to achieve consistency
- Intelligent use of recognition to motivate students
- Reducing friction when students behave badly
- Reparation and restorative practice
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 35 days
- 3 hrs/week
Start dates & application deadlines
- No Attendance
- Proactive tutoring and support
- Individual work/assignments (with online group discussions)
DisciplinesOrganisational Behaviour Teaching View 26 other Short Courses in Teaching in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Who is the course for?
- Managing Behaviour for Learning is a continuing professional development (CPD) course designed for teachers of science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) subjects, focusing mainly on the context of UK secondary schools and colleges.
- Although the course draws from examples experienced in the UK, the material covered is relevant to an international audience and to non-STEM teachers.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 35 days.
NationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 35 days.
- Extra Benefits From $84
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.