The Nurse Immuniser Program at La Trobe University is available on a fee-paying basis as a continuing education subject and as a 15-credit point elective toward postgraduate award studies in Nursing.
It is delivered in flexible mode and online and includes two full face-to-face study days that involve clinical practicum support. This program is offered twice a year. Registered Nurses wishing to become Nurse Immunisers must successfully complete all the components of the program.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Theory: Delivered via flexible online mode over fifteen (15) weeks study, supported by two compulsory on-campus study days. The assessment comprises compulsory written activities and an open-book examination.
- Workshop: Students must attend both on-campus study days. The first day includes Managing Adverse Events Following Immunisation (MAEFI). The second study day covers Catch Up Scenarios and Practice Skills.
- Clinical: Successfully complete the clinical practicum requirements under the direct mentorship of an accredited immuniser.
- 3 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Early bird - 6 June
DisciplinesNursing Midwifery View 13 other Short Courses in Nursing in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
CRICOS Provider Code Number 00115M
- Current registration with Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) as a Registered Nurse. This program is not suitable for enrolled nurses.
- Broadband internet access and an active email address that can be accessed at home during study periods.
- Students must have basic computer literacy skills (e.g. Word or other word processing software)
International2000 AUD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2000 AUD for the full programme during 3 months.
National2000 AUD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2000 AUD for the full programme during 3 months.
- CPD student early bird - $1,500.00 GST exempt
- Award student early bird - $2,000.00 GST exempt
- Award student standard - $2,200.00 GST exempt
Living costs for Melbourne
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.