Pain management is a fundamental component of many healthcare services, with poorly managed acute pain a significant predictor for the development of chronic pain, resulting in health practitioners playing an essential role in reducing the progression of pain into chronicity.
This Pain Management course at La Trobe University comprehensively covers the key components of pain management for optimal patient outcomes.
The course is designed to improve the skills and knowledge of:
- novice practitioners in the fundamentals of pain management;
- advanced practitioners seeking to consolidate their practice;
- experienced practitioners seeking to understand the evidence-base underpinning their practice.
- pain assessment and pain history;
- effective pain management strategies, clinical limitations and considerations for these strategies;
- pain management for better patient outcomes;
- the impact of poorly managed acute pain on the development of chronic pain.
Programme StructureCourse content
- Multi-modal analgesia
- Chronic pain
- Pain in special populations
- Wound pain management
- Patient-controlled analgesia (PCAs)
- 3 months
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesNursing Midwifery View 7 other Short Courses in Nursing in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- CRICOS Provider Code Number 00115M
- Current certificate with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) in nursing or allied health or an international equivalent.
- Broadband internet access and an active email address that can be accessed at home during study periods.
- Students must have basic computer literacy skills (e.g. Word or other word processing software).
International275 AUD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 275 AUD for the full programme during 3 months.
National275 AUD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 275 AUD for the full programme during 3 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.