The Prostate Nursing Care course at La Trobe University is the only specialised program of study in Australia that prepares Registered Nurses to care for men living with prostate cancer and their families.
The structure of the course utilises the cancer professional development framework endorsed by the Australian Government. It aligns with the five intervention points of the framework: reduce the risk of cancer, find cancer early, treatment and support during active treatment, management and support after and between treatment and, care and support at the end of life.
Delivered online and consists of flexible student directed learning modules equivalent to 3-4 hours per week over 12 weeks. It is expected that students would spend an additional 10-12 hours per week on self-directed study time, reflecting, reading, preparation and assessment tasks.
Programme StructureKey topics covered include:
- relevant anatomy, physiology and pathology of prostate cancer
- current trends in the treatment of prostate cancer
- focused nursing assessment, screening and symptom management
- sexuality and psychosocial care for the man and his family
- health promotion, survivorship, and palliative care
- the nurse's role in the care of men who have prostate cancer
- 3 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Early Bird - 3 July
DisciplinesNursing Midwifery View 6 other Short Courses in Midwifery in Australia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
CRICOS Provider Code Number 00115M
- Current registration with Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (APHRA) as a Registered Nurse.
- All students have access to the La Trobe library (on campus and online) and contact with the subject coordinator via the Learning Management System discussion board and email, phone or fax.
- Broadband internet access and an active email address that can be accessed at home during study periods.
- Students must have basic computer literacy skills (e.g. Word or other word processing software)
International3125 AUD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3125 AUD for the full programme during 3 months.
National3125 AUD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3125 AUD for the full programme during 3 months.
- Early Bird - $3,065.00 GST exempt
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.