Visual Thinking at Stanford University - Summer Sessions teaches you how to access your creativity through a series of projects, all of which have been redesigned so that they can be accomplished in an online learning environment.
Visual thinking, a powerful adjunct to other problem solving modalities, is developed and exercised in the context of solving some fun and challenging design problems. Along the way, the class expands your access to your imagination, helps you see more clearly with the "mind's eye:”, and learn how to do rapid visualization and prototyping. The emphasis on basic creativity, learning to build in the 3D world, and fluent and flexible idea production.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Homework and Projects
- Homework assignments are intended to require a minimum of four hours outside of class per week.
- We intend to show you that DESIGN SKETCHING is not difficult, and is actually quite fun. But, like any skill, your design sketching ability will only improve with lots of practice.
- The same goes for IDEATION by means of design sketching.
- In short, the individual who attempts to simply "get by" will get very little from this course.
- By contrast, individuals who commit themselves to extra practice will have added powerful thinking skills to their problem solving toolbox by the end of the quarter, and will have acquired a momentum that will yield additional development in the design courses that follow.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 2 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
Acceptance Completion Deadline: Monday, June 13
DisciplinesComputer Sciences Human Computer Interaction Web Technologies & Cloud Computing View 618 other Short Courses in Computer Sciences in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Student Population: High School, Undergraduate
- Stanford Summer Session has been pleased to welcome students from more than 40 countries from around the world. In order to attend Stanford Summer Session, international students must satisfy additional requirements set by the U.S. government and our program.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International4932 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1233 USD per credit during 2 months.
National4932 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1233 USD per credit during 2 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.