Taught in our state-of-the-art professional make-up studios, this Professional Make-Up Techniques - An Introduction course from Arts University Bournemouth is ideal for the beginner wishing to enter the field of professional make-up and is designed to develop your knowledge of the make-up industry.
The focus of the course is on practical workshops to give you plenty of hands-on experience, whilst also developing your theoretical knowledge of make-up applications and techniques. This will enable you to gain a fundamental understanding of the subject; developing skills in areas such as bridal; evening and day make-up application and make-up for photo-shoots.
Your course will also cover related anatomy and physiology, cleansing, toning and moisturising, face shapes and corrective make-up techniques.
As your make-up skills progress you will explore a variety of styles including day, evening, special occasion make-up and false lash application. You will also examine various skin types and understand the importance of health, safety and hygiene. Your tutor will also advise on how to prepare for a design consultation and how to keep accurate records.
- Discover the tips and trick of make-up transformation
- Introduce the basic make-up skills in all aspects of make-up applications
- Appreciate the theory of health and safety in relation to the role of the make-up artist
- Create an understanding of different skin tones and face shapes
- Identify colour theory and its importance in the make-up industry
Programme StructureCourses Include:
- Health and Safety in the make-up industry
- Corrective make-up
- Day make-up application
- Evening make-up application
- Bridal make-up
- Smokey eyes
- Play with colour
- Bold lip
- Application of false lashes
- 2 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Places on our Short Courses are limited so we advise that you enrol as soon as possible to secure a place.
DisciplinesVisual Arts Film, Photography & Media View 93 other Short Courses in Film, Photography & Media in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- This introductory course assumes students possess no previous knowledge and is suitable for beginners, or those with some previous experience who wish to improve their skills.
- Your own set of professional make-up brushes (at least 10-12), personal cleanser, toner and moisturiser. tissues and cotton wool/buds, personal make-up (primer, foundation, concealer, powder, blusher, contour a range of eye shadow colours, eye and lip pencils, mascara, lipsticks/glosses, lip balm) strip lashes, glue, eye shadow primer and also disposable mascara and lip wands. Towel, makeup palette brow pencil/powder
- Please contact the Short Course Office for further details on equipment, if required.
- Students are welcome to bring a camera to record their work during the course.
International319 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 319 GBP for the full programme during 2 months.
National319 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 319 GBP for the full programme during 2 months.
Living costs for Bournemouth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.