Learn about the practices of modern diplomacy within the 21st century in this Introduction to Modern Diplomacy - Principles, Practices and Actors course from Global Diplomatic Forum by FutureLearn .
Over the duration of this informative course, you’ll develop an understanding of the framework of modern diplomacy within the 21st century, and will gain in-depth knowledge of how to relate diplomacy to the current state of global affairs.
Discover the framework of modern diplomacy
After an overview of the concept of diplomacy and its principles and practices, you’ll then use case studies to explore examples of diplomacy with a global content, and will get the chance to learn from diplomatic journeys around the globe.
You’ll also cover the legal frameworks of diplomatic and consular law within the modern world, and will decipher what the law of diplomatic immunities means in our current environment.
Learn from the best minds at the Global Diplomatic Forum
You’ll be learning from some of the world’s leading experts in the themes of diplomacy, as well as academics, international organisations and leaders within the technological and corporate spheres.
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Improve career advancement opportunities with up to date skills and knowledge
- Develop an understanding of the framework of modern diplomacy
- Demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of relating digital diplomacy to foreign policy objectives
- Synthesise the process of diplomatic work in its current environment
- Apply the skills of communications and protocol in diplomatic context with leaders
- Identify transferable knowledge and skills necessary to advance in every field
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Diplomacy - Principles, Practice and Actors
- International Law & Diplomacy and Diplomatic Immunity
- Economic and Trade Diplomacy
- Public Diplomacy, Soft Power and Smart Diplomacy.
- Digital Diplomacy
- Diplomatic Protocol and Etiquette
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 1 months
- 6 hrs/week
Start dates & application deadlines
- No Attendance
- Proactive tutoring and support
- Individual work/assignments (with online group discussions)
DisciplinesInternational Relations International Development International Business View 15 other Short Courses in International Development in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- This informative course is for students and trainee diplomats aiming to pursue a career in diplomacy for their government or for international organisations.
- It’s also suitable for junior diplomats looking to update their knowledge and sharpen their diplomatic skills.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International394 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 394 USD for the full programme during 1 months.
National394 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 394 USD for the full programme during 1 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.