At the end of the Faroe Islands field course - A window to the geology of the Northeast Atlantic course from Aarhus University , the student should demonstrate the ability to:
- Discuss and communicate the geological evolution of the Faroe Islands
- Produce a map on the outcrop scale and measure and interpret profiles in volcanic sections.
- Orally present a topic based on scientific literature on the geology of the Faroe Islands
- Demonstrate basic knowledge on geotechnical aspects of Faroe geology, including core-logging.
- Relate the geological circumstances of the Faroe Islands to the challenges and opportunities for the Faroe society
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
The course uses the Faroe Island as an example to study aspects of:
- Sedimentary basins
- Coal and hydrocarbons
- Geothermal energy
- Engineering geology
- Quaternary and glacial landscape structures.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 10 days
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Geology
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- At least two years of university study including 20 ECTS of geoscience subjects.
- Exchange students: nomination from your home university
- Freemovers: documentation for English Language proficiency
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International1245 EUR/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1245 EUR for the full programme during 10 days.
EU/EEA138 EUR/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 138 EUR for the full programme during 10 days.
Exchange students: No Fee
Living costs for Aarhus
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.