Such insights are key to advancing your career, be that into a senior government role, an existing public sector position, or an entirely new career direction.
By exploring the concepts and the changing nature of leadership in the public sector, the Leadership in Public Services course from University of Birmingham online will help you develop effective, individual leadership skills, which you can apply in your career from day one.
Once you have finished the 8-week course, you will be awarded an official University of Birmingham postgraduate micro-credential certificate (worth 10 academic credits) and a transcript. You will be able to use these academic credits to apply for advanced entry to the University of Birmingham’s full Online Masters of Public Administration (MPA) qualification.
Drawing on public sector insights from the Institute of Local Government Studies (INLOGOV), this short course equips you with the practical experience to further your career, whether that’s a move into a senior government or agency position or the development of an existing role in public service.
Crucially, this course enables you to master the core skills necessary to effect societal change and make a genuine impact on people’s lives.
After completing this course, you will be in a prime position for a range of roles, including those within local councils and educational institutes or as a senior policy officer, social services manager or member of parliament.
Why choose a postgraduate micro-credential short course?
- Boost your CV in just eight weeks
- Develop the specialist skills you need for your career goals
- Gain an introduction to our Online MPA
- Get a taster of online learning before committing to a full MPA degree
- Earn a postgraduate micro-credential certificate worth 10 masters credits
- Study around your existing commitments with 100% online learning
- Expand your expertise at a top-100 University1
- Join a community of like-minded learners from over 50 different countries2
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Why Study this Course?
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Understand the key theoretical frameworks of leadership
- Analyse the role of leadership and hone your own leadership skills
- Manage change and lead teams to deliver organisational goals
- Apply a range of leadership theories and techniques to improve outcomes
- Gain the critical analysis skills to support creative thinking
- Lead transformational development and forge better organisational leadership
- Ready to apply? Request more information and a member of our team will be in touch to discuss the application process with you.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 56 days
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership Public Policy Public Relations View 9 other Short Courses in Public Relations in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- An upper second-class degree or postgraduate diploma from a UK university, OR an equivalent qualification from a recognised institution.
- Professional applications may also be considered.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International1250 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1250 GBP for the full programme during 56 days.
National1250 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1250 GBP for the full programme during 56 days.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.