The Performance Management course from University of Birmingham online is taught by the Institute of Local Government Studies (INLOGOV), the UK’s leading academic centre for research and teaching on local governance and strategic public management. It’s through the influence of INLOGOV that you’ll develop a deeper understanding of today’s public service practices and strategies, preparing you to lead change anywhere in the world.
By examining the theoretical frameworks and data underpinning performance management, this course focuses on providing you with the practical skills to apply data in support of a range of performance objectives.
After completing the 8-week course, you will receive an official University of Birmingham postgraduate micro-credential certificate (worth 10 academic credits) and a transcript. You will be able to use these academic credits to apply for advanced entry to the University of Birmingham’s full Online Masters of Public Administration (MPA) qualification.
Why choose a postgraduate micro-credential short course?
Boost your CV in just eight weeks
- Develop the specialist skills you need for your career goals
- Gain an introduction to our Online MPA
- Get a taster of online learning before committing to a full MPA degree
- Earn a postgraduate micro-credential certificate worth 10 masters credits
- Study around your existing commitments with 100% online learning
- Expand your expertise at a top-100 University1
- Join a community of like-minded learners from over 50 different countries2
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Why Study this Course?
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Understand why performance management and measurement are key to public administration
- Appraise the impact of performance measurement on organisations
- Apply concepts to develop and implement performance measurement
- Identify strategies to turn around poor performance
- Learn from organisation performance case studies to improve service delivery
- Use data from service users and other public organisations to prioritise service outcomes
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 56 days
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Management, Organisation & Leadership Strategic Management View 30 other Short Courses in Strategic Management in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- An upper second-class degree or postgraduate diploma from a UK university, OR an equivalent qualification from a recognised institution.
- Professional applications may also be considered.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International1250 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1250 GBP for the full programme during 56 days.
National1250 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1250 GBP for the full programme during 56 days.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.