Taught by the Institute of University of Birmingham online , the UK’s leading academic centre for research and teaching on local governance and strategic public management, this Public Management and Governance in a Changing World course will allow students to focus on the role of the state in societies around the world – as well as contemporary issues in the delivery of services by governments.
It’s through the influence of INLOGOV that you’ll build a foundation of concepts and theories which can be applied throughout the programme and in a professional setting.
After completing the 8-week course, you will receive an official University of Birmingham postgraduate micro-credential certificate (worth 10 academic credits) and a transcript. You will be able to use these academic credits to apply for advanced entry to the University of Birmingham’s full Online Masters of Public Administration (MPA) qualification.
Why choose a postgraduate micro-credential short course?
Boost your CV in just eight weeks
- Develop the specialist skills you need for your career goals
- Gain an introduction to our Online MPA
- Get a taster of online learning before committing to a full MPA degree
- Earn a postgraduate micro-credential certificate worth 10 masters credits
- Study around your existing commitments with 100% online learning
- Expand your expertise at a top-100 University
- Join a community of like-minded learners from over 50 different countries
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Why Study this Course?
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Discuss authoritatively, and with constructively critical perspectives, the various ways in which public management and governance have evolved around the world, and the factors accounting for the key transformations in this respect over time
- Feel confident in the ability to research, analyse and present new information, ideas and conceptualisations on aspects of public management and governance to peer audiences
- Demonstrate an understanding of the ‘big picture’ issues in public management and governance – as well as the skills in interpreting and making sense of the complexities, tensions and contradictions that tend to characterise contemporary public policy
- Gain expertise on the likely and possible futures of public management and governance around the world, and a heightened sensitivity to the issues of ethical standards and conduct in public life
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 56 days
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership Public Administration Public Policy View 4 other Short Courses in Public Administration in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- To be eligible to apply for a short course, you will need to have obtained (or be predicted to obtain) an upper second-class degree or postgraduate diploma from a UK university, OR an equivalent qualification from a recognised institution.
- Professional applications may also be considered. Please speak to a Recruitment Co-ordinator to discuss your eligibility.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International1250 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1250 GBP for the full programme during 56 days.
National1250 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1250 GBP for the full programme during 56 days.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.