By learning about new forms of participation and models of government, you will be able to develop an awareness of how and when to use different approaches that will allow you to better lead and manage change within organisations.
Once you have finished the 8-week Democracy, Governance and Participation course from University of Birmingham online , you will be awarded an official University of Birmingham postgraduate micro-credential certificate (worth 10 academic credits) and a transcript.
You will be able to use these academic credits to apply for advanced entry to the University of Birmingham’s full Online Masters of Public Administration (MPA) qualification.
Why choose a postgraduate micro-credential short course?
Boost your CV in just eight weeks
- Develop the specialist skills you need for your career goals
- Gain an introduction to our Online MPA
- Get a taster of online learning before committing to a full MPA degree
- Earn a postgraduate micro-credential certificate worth 10 masters credits
- Study around your existing commitments with 100% online learning
- Expand your expertise at a top-100 University
- Join a community of like-minded learners from over 50 different countries
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Why Study this Course?
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Explain the theories which underpin representative democracy and traditional patterns of participation
- Analyse and compare changing relationships between citizens and government in different contexts
- Identify emergent ways of engaging citizens in governance, including an awareness of how and when to use different approaches to participation
- Critically evaluate the crisis of democracy, the potential of the participatory turn and impact of the different participatory practices.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 56 days
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesSociology Public Policy Political Science View 34 other Short Courses in Sociology in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- To be eligible to apply for a short course, you will need to have obtained (or be predicted to obtain) an upper second-class degree or postgraduate diploma from a UK university, OR an equivalent qualification from a recognised institution.
- Professional applications may also be considered. Please speak to a Recruitment Co-ordinator to discuss your eligibility.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International1250 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1250 GBP for the full programme during 56 days.
National1250 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1250 GBP for the full programme during 56 days.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.