Taught by the Institute of Local Government Studies (INLOGOV), the UK’s leading academic centre for research and teaching on local governance and strategic public management, this course has been designed to allow professionals to interpret the key theories and concepts which distinguish political, professional and managerial leadership in public services.
It’s through the influence of INLOGOV that you’ll learn to recognise and apply concepts of political leadership in a range of practical real-world situations.
After completing the 8-week Managing in a Political Environment course from University of Birmingham online , you will receive an official University of Birmingham postgraduate micro-credential certificate (worth 10 academic credits) and a transcript. You will be able to use these academic credits to apply for advanced entry to the University of Birmingham’s full Online Masters of Public Administration (MPA) qualification.
Why choose a postgraduate micro-credential short course?
Boost your CV in just eight weeks
- Develop the specialist skills you need for your career goals
- Gain an introduction to our Online MPA
- Get a taster of online learning before committing to a full MPA degree
- Earn a postgraduate micro-credential certificate worth 10 masters credits
- Study around your existing commitments with 100% online learning
- Expand your expertise at a top-100 University
- Join a community of like-minded learners from over 50 different countries
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Why Study this Course?
By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Evaluate and interpret the theories and concepts which distinguish political, professional and managerial leadership in public services
- Analyse and apply the skills required to operate successfully in the interface environment in different situations
- Critically appreciate the nature of professional competence and integrity in managing effective relationships with politicians and the value of trust in that context
- Design appropriate governance structures which enable elected officials to hold managers and public sector organisations to account
- Recognise and evaluate the appropriate role for political parties in supporting elected politicians
- Formulate appropriate policy design and decision-making processes that engage elected politicians
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 56 days
- 56 days
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesEnvironmental Management Environmental Sciences Political Science View 17 other Masters in Political Science in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- To be eligible to apply for a short course, you will need to have obtained (or be predicted to obtain) an upper second-class degree or postgraduate diploma from a UK university, OR an equivalent qualification from a recognised institution. Professional applications may also be considered.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International1250 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1250 GBP for the full programme during 56 days.
EU/EEA1250 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1250 GBP for the full programme during 56 days.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.