Designed for professionals who are keen to enhance their career prospects in the ever-changing world of public administration, this Managing Public Money course from University of Birmingham online focuses on how the economy works alongside the role of the government, before introducing key skills in budgeting, finance, cost-benefit analysis and more.
It’s through the influence of INLOGOV that you’ll develop a deeper understanding of today’s public service practices and strategies, preparing you to lead change anywhere in the world.
Why choose a postgraduate micro-credential short course?
- Boost your CV in just eight weeks
- Develop the specialist skills you need for your career goals
- Gain an introduction to our Online MPA
- Get a taster of online learning before committing to a full MPA degree
- Earn a postgraduate micro-credential certificate worth 10 masters credits
- Study around your existing commitments with 100% online learning
- Expand your expertise at a top-100 University
- Join a community of like-minded learners from over 50 different countries
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Why Study this Course?By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Recognise the broad process whereby scarce resources are allocated by the market
- Distinguish between positive and normative statements
- Describe and discuss the issue of government failure – and market failure arguments for government intervention
- Identify the main reasons why the market may be considered to fail, and correctly categorise different examples of market failure
- Describe the concept of externality; identify and distinguish examples of externalities
- Discuss how the public sector can act to improve outcomes in the face of externalities
- Explain the problem of public goods and identify possible solutions
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 56 days
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesPublic Administration Public Policy Political Science View 18 other Short Courses in Political Science in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- To be eligible to apply for a short course, you will need to have obtained (or be predicted to obtain) an upper second-class degree or postgraduate diploma from a UK university, OR an equivalent qualification from a recognised institution. Professional applications may also be considered.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International1250 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1250 GBP for the full programme during 56 days.
National1250 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1250 GBP for the full programme during 56 days.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.