Sustainability is the way of the future for fashion. The sustainability movement is an opportunity for an individual or organization to reimagine their work so that it has a positive impact on people and the planet.
What You'll Gain from the Fashion Sustainability program at The New School
- An understanding of the broader sustainability movement and of the need for sustainability in fashion
- The ability to develop and apply in your work your own value-based framework for creating sustainable fashion
- The opportunity to employ sustainable design strategies across the value chain in a project
- An understanding of the need to transform the role of the fashion designer to promote sustainability
- The opportunity to share your vision of sustainability with your class through presentation of designs and to receive feedback and critique
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Putting Fashion Sustainability in Practice
- New Roles for Fashion Designers
- Slow and Regenerative Fashion
- Sustainable Wardrobe Practices
- Anyone with an interest in the fashion industry or working in the fashion industry
- Creative individuals who want to understand how to incorporate sustainability into their own work
- Professionals from the fashion industry who are seeking to make their systems sustainable
- 2 months
Start dates & application deadlines
Introductory courses for the Fall 2021 semester begin August 30th.
- Proactive tutoring and support
- Online group works/assignments
DisciplinesFashion, Textiles and Luxury Goods Fashion Design Environmental Management View 3 other Short Courses in Environmental Management in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Who Should Enroll
- Anyone who has an interest in the fashion industry or is working in the fashion industry
- individuals who want to understand how to incorporate sustainability into their own work
- Professionals in the fashion industry who are seeking to make their systems sustainable
International3255 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3255 USD per year during 2 months.
National3255 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3255 USD per year during 2 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.