Students learn to apply theory and methods to create and employ projections of desirable and undesirable future scenarios. They also examine ways futures discourse can shape a project or a company's path forward.
What You'll Gain from Futures Studies and Speculative Design certificate at The New School
- Knowledge of key principles of futures studies and design futures
- Techniques for identifying, researching, and critiquing signals of change as potential trend indicators
- The ability to apply design futures methods and approaches to concrete topics
- Experience using methods and frameworks for forecasting hypothetical conditions
- Lead scenario planning exercises for community and corporate contexts
- The ability to create vivid, thought-provoking representations of hypothetical scenarios through diverse media
- An opportunity to develop futures scenarios that can shape your project or your company’s path forward
- Design Futures 101
- Sensory Futures Scenario Planning
- 2 months
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesIndustrial Design Design Graphic Design View 24 other Short Courses in Industrial Design in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Who Should Enroll
- Individuals who want to effect systems-level change in organizations and work toward long-term goals
- Professionals who already work within organizations and those wishing to find or create new opportunities
- Those who are new to futures studies or have a working knowledge of the field and wish to increase their proficiency and build their portfolio of practice
International1510 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1510 USD for the full programme during 2 months.
National1510 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1510 USD for the full programme during 2 months.
$1,680 if courses are purchased individually. Tuition rates are subject to change over the course of your program.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.