"Good architecture poorly lit is poor architecture." Those are the words of a famous architecture critic, and they apply to almost any type of environment. We need light to see well enough to perform functions and activities and to render the architecture of the environment. This certificate program is focused on creating a foundation for designing successful lighting by helping participants understand light and human vision, lighting technologies and performance, lighting design as a discipline, and the impact of light on an environment.
What You'll Gain
- An understanding of basic concepts of the science of light and vision
- Foundational knowledge of basic lighting technologies (lamps, luminaires)
- The ability to carry out fundamental analyses of lighting systems and create lighting layouts
- The ability to apply basic assessment of installed lighting systems
- A sense for the balance between design and technology in lighting design
How You'll Learn
- Engaging video lectures and interviews with industry experts
- Direct interaction with faculty practitioners at the top of their fields
- Online collaboration and video conferencing
- Project-based learning focused on developing real-world skills and portfolio assets
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Lighting Fundamentals and Technologies
- Lighting Design Criteria and Considerations
- Designing a Lighting System
Architects, interior designers, engineers, contractors, decorators, electrical distributors, and sales agents
Craig Bernecker, Professor of Lighting Design
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 1 months
Start dates & application deadlines
Introductory courses for the Fall 2021 semester begin August 30th.
- Individual work/assignments (with online group discussions)
DisciplinesArchitecture Interior Design View 17 other Short Courses in Architecture in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Who Should Enroll
- Architects, interior designers, engineers, contractors, decorators, electrical distributors, and sales agents
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International1500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1500 USD per year during 1 months.
National1500 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1500 USD per year during 1 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.