Explore business case appraisal and examine the key components of the procurement path that projects take, from identification of a need through to team formation.
Delivered by the School of Architecture, Design and the Built Environment, this online course will clarify stakeholder value and establish the key objectives embodied in the project in the business case and project execution plan.
You may have experience of procurement in construction, but can you apply the proactive and structured approach needed to successfully achieve your project outcome? A course in procurement will prepare you for any challenge.
After successfully completing this course you will be able to:
- identify and critically discuss the role of the project manager in initiating and procuring projects for a variety of construction clients
- develop and critically evaluate the business case including value propositions for construction clients
- critically explore and select appropriate procurement paths for the design and construction of a range of projects and clients
- critically appraise a range of project team selection methodologies
- develop a project execution plan linking the business case to a rigorous procurement methodology.
Passing the assessed element (an exam or coursework) can also contribute ten credits towards a postgraduate award. All candidates seeking credit will be assessed on a case-by-case basis. If you wish to follow the credit route you must mention this on your application form.
Successful completion of this course does not mean automatic entry to the MSc Construction Project Management course (you will need to submit a new application). Find out more about the online MSc in Construction Project Management.
How you're taught
Our eight-week CPD construction classes are 100% online, giving you the flexibility and convenience to study around your work schedule and personal commitments.
You’ll learn through ‘Engage’, which is our powerful, easy-to-use Learning Management System. This brings the course material to life, while offering you access to the same challenging curriculum, award-winning lecturers and support services as our campus-based degrees.
Best of all, because online learning is truly global, it brings you into close contact with a community of like-minded learners from all corners of the world.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
This course will cover:
- the key components of the procurement path and business case appraisal
- stakeholder value and establish the key objectives embodied in the project
- risk management
- procuring the design and construction of a project, including the selection of the project team.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 2 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesArchitecture Civil Engineering & Construction Design View 18 other Short Courses in Civil Engineering & Construction in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- You should have at least a 2:2 honours degree in a construction or industry-related subject. Alternatively, you should have a minimum of three years’ professional experience and the support of your employer to integrate study and projects into your day-to-day work.
- The ideal candidate is likely to be employed on significant infrastructure or building works, with experience of developing and co-ordinating projects.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International995 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 995 GBP for the full programme during 2 months.
National995 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 995 GBP for the full programme during 2 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.