Collaborative Working at Nottingham Trent University Online will help you to learn the benefits of collaboration within projects and understand how common goals can be achieved to create a single vision for a project team and its client, in order to create effective and efficient working.
After successfully completing this course you will be able to:
- discuss and demonstrate how project goals are determined
- evaluate a broad range of team building theories and identify how they can be applied in practice
- critically review and analyse the implications of the application of BIM as a collaborative methodology within construction
- assess and analyse opportunities for using electronic methods of communication
- review the possible ways of working in global projects and identify the key issues associated with working collaboratively.
At the end of the eight-week course, you will be awarded a CPD certificate.
Passing the assessed element (an exam or coursework) can also contribute ten credits towards a postgraduate award. All candidates seeking credit will be assessed on a case-by-case basis. If you wish to follow the credit route you must mention this on your application form.
How you're taught
Our eight-week CPD construction classes are 100% online, giving you the flexibility and convenience to study around your work schedule and personal commitments.
You’ll learn through ‘Engage’, which is our powerful, easy-to-use Learning Management System. This brings the course material to life, while offering you access to the same challenging curriculum, award-winning lecturers and support services as our campus-based degrees.
Best of all, because online learning is truly global, it brings you into close contact with a community of like-minded learners from all corners of the world.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
This course will cover:
- team building theories and role and goal appreciation of the parties to the project
- the application of BIM within construction project management
- change though project aims and issues associated with working collaboratively
- the advantages of using synchronous and asynchronous communication systems, particularly when there is virtual team-working in an international arena.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 2 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesProject Management Civil Engineering & Construction Design View 18 other Short Courses in Civil Engineering & Construction in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- You should have at least a 2:2 honours degree in a construction or industry-related subject. Alternatively, you should have a minimum of three years’ professional experience and the support of your employer to integrate study and projects into your day-to-day work.
- The ideal candidate is likely to be employed on significant infrastructure or building works, with experience of developing and co-ordinating projects.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International995 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 995 GBP for the full programme during 2 months.
National995 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 995 GBP for the full programme during 2 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.