Learn the importance of proactive health and safety management within the built environment.
Delivered by the School of Architecture, Design and the Built Environment, this online course covers the key concepts within health and safety and how it applies to construction project management.
Construction Health and Safety at Nottingham Trent University Online will help you to get to grips with the underpinning knowledge that enables construction professionals to discharge their duties by identifying hazards and advising in risk management processes.
After successfully completing this course you will be able to:
- critically discuss and apply health and safety legislation
- discuss and critically evaluate moral, economical, legal and social aspects of health and safety management
- identify behavioural aspects associated with risks and responses to safety initiatives
- critically appraise solutions for safe construction systems within a project context.
At the end of the eight-week course, you will be awarded a CPD certificate.
Passing the assessed element (an exam or coursework) can also contribute ten credits towards a postgraduate award. All candidates seeking credit will be assessed on a case-by-case basis. If you wish to follow the credit route you must mention this on your application form.
Successful completion of this course does not mean automatic entry to the MSc Construction Project Management course (you will need to submit a new application).
How you're taught:
Our eight-week CPD construction classes are 100% online, giving you the flexibility and convenience to study around your work schedule and personal commitments.
You’ll learn through ‘Engage’, which is our powerful, easy-to-use Learning Management System. This brings the course material to life, while offering you access to the same challenging curriculum, award-winning lecturers and support services as our campus-based degrees.
Best of all, because online learning is truly global, it brings you into close contact with a community of like-minded learners from all corners of the world.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
This course will cover:
- health and safety in construction and its impact on the design and management of construction projects
- the effects of physical and occupational health hazards and their control during design and construction
- examining effective health and safety cultures through effective health and safety management systems
- relevant legislations as relating to health and safety practices within construction project management.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 2 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesCivil Engineering & Construction Health Administration Health Sciences View 262 other Short Courses in Health Sciences in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- You should have at least a 2:2 honours degree in a construction or industry-related subject. Alternatively, you should have a minimum of three years’ professional experience and the support of your employer to integrate study and projects into your day-to-day work.
- The ideal candidate is likely to be employed on significant infrastructure or building works, with experience of developing and co-ordinating projects.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International995 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 995 GBP for the full programme during 2 months.
National995 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 995 GBP for the full programme during 2 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.