Nottingham Trent University Online was declared “Modern University of the Year 2023”
Study the organisational and management environments in the construction industry, and the people within it.
With links to construction companies worldwide, the School of Architecture, Design and the Built Environment is key to supporting your progress to senior management.
Managing Organisations and People at Nottingham Trent University Online will allow you to critically evaluate contemporary and emergent management theory and practice along with current and evolving human resource management philosophy.
After successfully completing this course you will be able to:
- review the historical bases from which management theory has developed and show how historical perspective has influenced contemporary thought
- critically discuss the contribution which national and international management thought can make to the development of individual management performance
- examine current and evolving human resource management philosophy within an international context
- evaluate human resource issues at management and operative levels within corporate and project arenas, both nationally and internationally.
At the end of the eight-week course, you will be awarded a CPD certificate.
Passing the assessed element (an exam or coursework) can also contribute ten credits towards a postgraduate award. All candidates seeking credit will be assessed on a case-by-case basis. If you wish to follow the credit route you must mention this on your application form.
Successful completion of this course does not mean automatic entry to the MSc Construction Project Management course (you will need to submit a new application).
How you're taught:
Our eight-week CPD construction classes are 100% online, giving you the flexibility and convenience to study around your work schedule and personal commitments.
You’ll learn through ‘Engage’, which is our powerful, easy-to-use Learning Management System. This brings the course material to life, while offering you access to the same challenging curriculum, award-winning lecturers and support services as our campus-based degrees.
Best of all, because online learning is truly global, it brings you into close contact with a community of like-minded learners from all corners of the world.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureThis course will cover:
- organisational theory and practice, and the design and work of organisations and organisational systems for national and international construction
- organisational management, leadership, groups, structures, conflict and organisational change
- human resource planning and management, and its relationship with the corporate mission, objectives and strategies
- effectively utilising human resources, covering topics such as management and operative skills and creating productive working environments.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 2 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesProject Management Civil Engineering & Construction Management Studies View 201 other Short Courses in Management Studies in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Nottingham Trent University Online and/or in United Kingdom, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- You should have at least a 2:2 honours degree in a construction or industry-related subject. Alternatively, you should have a minimum of three years’ professional experience and the support of your employer to integrate study and projects into your day-to-day work.
- The ideal candidate is likely to be employed on significant infrastructure or building works, with experience of developing and co-ordinating projects.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International995 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 995 GBP for the full programme during 2 months.
National995 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 995 GBP for the full programme during 2 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.