Gain an enhanced understanding of the complex economic and financial environments within which construction organisations operate.
Delivered by the School of Architecture, Design and the Built Environment, thiscourse in Corporate Strategy and Finance at Nottingham Trent University Online will cover the frameworks that can be used to assess and compare practical aids to decision making in construction project management.
Learn the necessary skills and strengths to enable you to analyse construction company accounts and diagnose specific problem areas to prescribe satisfactory, financial solutions.
After successfully completing this course you will be able to:
- examine and evaluate the complex economic and financial environments within which construction organisations operate
- analyse and assess construction company situations, specific financial problems and financial solutions
- discuss and review the substantive aspects of business strategy
- determine and review strategic capabilities required to plan and manage a business in a multiplicity of complex environments and organisation structures.
At the end of the eight-week course, you will be awarded a CPD certificate.
Passing the assessed element (an exam or coursework) can also contribute ten credits towards a postgraduate award. All candidates seeking credit will be assessed on a case-by-case basis. If you wish to follow the credit route you must mention this on your application form.
Successful completion of this course does not mean automatic entry to the MSc Construction Project Management course (you will need to submit a new application).
How you're taught:
Our eight-week CPD construction classes are 100% online, giving you the flexibility and convenience to study around your work schedule and personal commitments.
You’ll learn through ‘Engage’, which is our powerful, easy-to-use Learning Management System. This brings the course material to life, while offering you access to the same challenging curriculum, award-winning lecturers and support services as our campus-based degrees
Best of all, because online learning is truly global, it brings you into close contact with a community of like-minded learners from all corners of the world.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureThis course will cover:
- business strategy overview and the strategic management process
- national, organisational, social and cultural perceptions of construction-related industries and professions, ethics and corporate social responsibility
- financial planning and control of a construction-based project
- estimating, planning and controlling the total investment as well as cash flow prediction and management.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 2 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesFinance Financial Mathematics Strategic Management View 8 other Short Courses in Financial Mathematics in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- You should have at least a 2:2 honours degree in a construction or industry-related subject. Alternatively, you should have a minimum of three years’ professional experience and the support of your employer to integrate study and projects into your day-to-day work.
- The ideal candidate is likely to be employed on significant infrastructure or building works, with experience of developing and co-ordinating projects.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International995 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 995 GBP for the full programme during 2 months.
National995 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 995 GBP for the full programme during 2 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.