Learn the project environments in which the construction industry operates and how to successfully navigate a range of challenges therein.
With links to construction companies worldwide, the School of Architecture, Design and the Built Environment is key to supporting your progress to senior management.
Acquire enhanced skills in project definition, planning, implementation, management and completion and develop your knowledge and understanding of health, safety, welfare and environmental issues in the construction process.
After successfully completing this course you will be able to:
- critically evaluate project definition, tender and bidding requirements from the client, designer, constructor as well as legal perspectives and the implications for constructors
- define, analyse and critically evaluate and plan projects in terms of time, cost, quality, welfare, safety and environment, including the use of information technology
- identify and critically assess project close-down procedures.
Passing the assessed element (an exam or coursework) can also contribute ten credits towards a postgraduate award. All candidates seeking credit will be assessed on a case-by-case basis. If you wish to follow the credit route you must mention this on your application form.
Successful completion of this course does not mean automatic entry to the MSc Construction Project Management course (you will need to submit a new application).
How you're taught:
Our eight-week CPD construction classes are 100% online, giving you the flexibility and convenience to study around your work schedule and personal commitments.
You’ll learn through ‘Engage’, which is our powerful, easy-to-use Learning Management System. This brings the course material to life, while offering you access to the same challenging curriculum, award-winning lecturers and support services as our campus-based degrees.
Best of all, because online learning is truly global, it brings you into close contact with a community of like-minded learners from all corners of the world.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureThis course will cover:
- the contextual setting of projects, project management systems as determined by the criteria of parameters such as time, cost, quality, safety and environment, and the implications of off-site and on-site management of construction projects
- project definition and project implementation, project start-up, constructability, strategies and mechanisation
- the operational planning of a project in terms of time, cost, quality, welfare, safety and environment and the use of information technology in project management
- project close-down, commissioning, documentation, handover, final settlement and project audit.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 2 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesProject Management Civil Engineering & Construction Management Studies View 19 other Short Courses in Civil Engineering & Construction in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- You should have at least a 2:2 honours degree in a construction or industry-related subject. Alternatively, you should have a minimum of three years’ professional experience and the support of your employer to integrate study and projects into your day-to-day work.
- The ideal candidate is likely to be employed on significant infrastructure or building works, with experience of developing and co-ordinating projects.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International995 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 995 GBP for the full programme during 2 months.
National995 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 995 GBP for the full programme during 2 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.