Develop your appreciation of how project design is developed and the roles of contributors to design realisation.
With links to construction companies worldwide, the School of Architecture, Design and the Built Environment is key to supporting your progress to senior management.
Design Appreciation and Planning at Nottingham Trent University Online will also introduce you to planning regulations and land acquisition and develop your knowledge of sustainable design and modern methods of construction (MMC).
After successfully completing this course you will be able to:
- provide evaluated solutions to complex problems relating to the value maximisation of construction works demonstrating a critical understanding of the relative merits of various approaches
- critically evaluate a broad range of factors impacting on the context within which design of the built environment is developed
- explore and analyse opportunities for rationalising construction systems and production methods
- evaluate and analyse current use and application of materials, technology and specialist construction techniques within national, European and international environments.
At the end of the eight-week course, you will be awarded a CPD certificate
Passing the assessed element (an exam or coursework) can also contribute ten credits towards a postgraduate award. All candidates seeking credit will be assessed on a case-by-case basis. If you wish to follow the credit route you must mention this on your application form.
Successful completion of this course does not mean automatic entry to the MSc Construction Project Management course (you will need to submit a new application).
How you're taught:
Our eight-week CPD construction classes are 100% online, giving you the flexibility and convenience to study around your work schedule and personal commitments.
You’ll learn through ‘Engage’, which is our powerful, easy-to-use Learning Management System. This brings the course material to life, while offering you access to the same challenging curriculum, award-winning lecturers and support services as our campus-based degrees.
Best of all, because online learning is truly global, it brings you into close contact with a community of like-minded learners from all corners of the world.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
This course will cover:
- the influences of regulation on design and the influence of design on project value, project cost and time to completion
- the briefing process, design development and realisation through RIBA stages
- sustainable design and green building materials
- MMC and off-site design
- Site orientation, planning regulation and land acquisition.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 2 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesDesign Urban Planning View 91 other Short Courses in Design in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- You should have at least a 2:2 honours degree in a construction or industry-related subject. Alternatively, you should have a minimum of three years’ professional experience and the support of your employer to integrate study and projects into your day-to-day work.
- The ideal candidate is likely to be employed on significant infrastructure or building works, with experience of developing and co-ordinating projects.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International995 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 995 GBP for the full programme during 2 months.
National995 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 995 GBP for the full programme during 2 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.