Nottingham Trent University Online was declared “Modern University of the Year 2023”
Delivered by the School of Architecture, Design and the Built Environment, this online course covers the concept of lean thinking and how it applies to construction and design in a national and international context.
Throughout the course in Lean Project Production at Nottingham Trent University Online you will be introduced to project simulations and real-life examples. Learn the benefits of transforming projects and organisations in accordance with lean project management.
After successfully completing this course you will be able to:
- identify and critically discuss basic attributes of lean construction theory and elements of a lean enterprise
- critically evaluate implications of lean construction for various stakeholders
- design and develop construction project delivery systems from a customer perspective.
At the end of the eight-week course, you will be awarded a CPD certificate.
Passing the assessed element (an exam or coursework) can also contribute ten credits towards a postgraduate award. All candidates seeking credit will be assessed on a case-by-case basis. If you wish to follow the credit route you must mention this on your application form.
How you’re taught
Our eight-week CPD construction classes are 100% online, giving you the flexibility and convenience to study around your work schedule and personal commitments
You’ll learn through ‘Engage’, which is our powerful, easy-to-use Learning Management System. This brings the course material to life, while offering you access to the same challenging curriculum, award-winning lecturers and support services as our campus-based degrees.
Best of all, because online learning is truly global, it brings you into close contact with a community of like-minded learners from all corners of the world.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
This course will cover:
- an overview of the history and development of lean thinking and the differences between manufacturing and construction
- production and lean construction theory
- value, the customer, waste and a new mind set Lean design and design management
- The Last Planner® system
- lean project production systems.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 2 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesProject Management Civil Engineering & Construction Management Studies View 19 other Short Courses in Civil Engineering & Construction in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- You should have at least a 2:2 honours degree in a construction or industry-related subject. Alternatively, you should have a minimum of three years’ professional experience and the support of your employer to integrate study and projects into your day-to-day work.
- The ideal candidate is likely to be employed on significant infrastructure or building works, with experience of developing and co-ordinating projects.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International995 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 995 GBP for the full programme during 2 months.
National995 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 995 GBP for the full programme during 2 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.