Addressing diverse city challenges, such as reduced mobility accessibility or telecommunication infrastructure, the Reshaping Cities for a Healthy Environment programme from EIT Digital Master School will seek to integrate science and society with the objective to add social value to technical expertise in order to impact citizens health. The participants will work in teams on cases provided by companies and city services such as “visual recognition techniques to manage protected natural resources”, “car-sharing based on the free-floating strategy”, “the Rennes Urban Data Interface (RUDI) as a web portal for sharing public and private data”, “AI-enhanced camera surveillance for evaluating driver’s behaviour”, “network solutions to create smart buildings and smart cities using IoT, BMS, sensors, actuators, for sharing, monitoring, managing open data, building automation, and collaborative network”, and “customer profiling to improve marketing and to reduce webshop returns”. These cases will be provided by several start-ups and will be presented by their entrepreneurs.
The Summer School will take place in Rennes. It is a vibrant city and a world-class technological hotspot in Information and Communication Technologies (ICT). Located in the western part of France (Brittany), the city is a major education and high-tech R&D centre of global renown. The Summer School will be hosted by the University Rennes 1 in the same building as the EIT Digital Satellite CLC. This building is equipped with the latest educational technologies. We will also have the opportunity to visit the coast in the context of the social event activity, in particular Saint-Malo and the Mont Saint Michel, a beautiful medieval city on the sea.
Each programme has a focus on business innovation and entrepreneurship, there is no need to have specific technical backgrounds or any coding knowledge to join our Summer School.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- In the two-week Summer School programmes you will be introduced to the state-of-the-art technologies, you will meet other professionals and be amongst technology savvy master students.
- The programme consists of focused lectures and keynotes by academics and practitioners, project work, company visits, customer interviews, and social events. Some of the lectures are oriented to developing your soft skills as well. You will have pitching classes and experienced coaches help you to get out of your comfort zone.
- An important aspect of the summer school is the interaction with companies and entrepreneurs. You get insights into how the local industry is working on digital transformation or making new business. Alongside the hard work, each summer school is hosting social activities to enable you to build a firm international network.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 14 days
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEntrepreneurship Public Health Urban Planning
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Academic qualification - post-secondary education (bachelor’s degree, master’s degree, or doctoral degree). Undergraduate students still studying must have completed at least one academic year of their bachelor’s degree programme and have at least one year of work experience.
- English language proficiency (English language proficiency test such as TOEFL or IELTS, successful completion of previous education in English, completion of ESL programme, completion of other English language courses, etc.).
- Submit a Curriculum Vitae
- Submit a copy of the photo page of passport or ID
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International1650 EUR/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1650 EUR for the full programme during 14 days.
EU/EEA1650 EUR/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1650 EUR for the full programme during 14 days.
Organisations: EUR 950 (Special tuition fees for organisations which register 5 or more participants.)
Please visit the website for stipends and grants details.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.