Smart cities are in the quest to meet the challenges of developing and maintaining attractive, inclusive and safe urban environments. Mobility as a service integrates public, private, peer-to-peer, conventional, clean, or autonomous transportation means is just a small example of platform data used smartly. Stakeholders such as local governments, city service providers, industry, and the citizens will benefit from the development of smart and well-connected city digital platforms.
The Digital Platforms for Smart Cities program from EIT Digital Master School aims to create a better understanding of why platforms are key in shaping economies and societies? How do platforms create such societal and business impact?
Participants in the Helsinki summer school will master the ability to differentiate between traditional businesses and platforms. Participants will acquire knowledge about key success factors and building blocks of multi-sided platforms that create networked markets, and why such platform business models have been so competitive in tech and non-tech industries alike? Moreover, participants will utilize concepts and models to create and assess platform business model entrants in cases provided by cities. Using this knowledge and applying various innovation and entrepreneurship tools provided during the Helsinki summer school, our participants will be well equipped to support Europe's digital cities platform quest.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- In the two-week Summer School programmes you will be introduced to the state-of-the-art technologies, you will meet other professionals and be amongst technology savvy master students.
- The programme consists of focused lectures and keynotes by academics and practitioners, project work, company visits, customer interviews, and social events. Some of the lectures are oriented to developing your soft skills as well. You will have pitching classes and experienced coaches help you to get out of your comfort zone.
- An important aspect of the summer school is the interaction with companies and entrepreneurs. You get insights into how the local industry is working on digital transformation or making new business. Alongside the hard work, each summer school is hosting social activities to enable you to build a firm international network.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 14 days
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesComputer Sciences Web Technologies & Cloud Computing Machine Learning
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Academic qualification - post-secondary education (bachelor’s degree, master’s degree, or doctoral degree). Undergraduate students still studying must have completed at least one academic year of their bachelor’s degree programme and have at least one year of work experience.
- English language proficiency (English language proficiency test such as TOEFL or IELTS, successful completion of previous education in English, completion of ESL programme, completion of other English language courses, etc.).
- Submit a Curriculum Vitae
- Submit a copy of the photo page of passport or ID
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International1650 EUR/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1650 EUR for the full programme during 14 days.
EU/EEA1650 EUR/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1650 EUR for the full programme during 14 days.
Organisations: EUR 950 (Special tuition fees for organisations which register 5 or more participants.)
Please visit the website for stipends and grants details.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.