Meetings with the entrepreneurial local community will be arranged to foster exchange and generate new business ideas. During the summer school, participants will also improve their soft skills: user-centric service design, business plan and lean approach, pitch preparation and attention to details, creativity in innovation.
The availability of the local Open Innovation will provide participants with a better understanding on the whole process of managing big data collection, aggregation, analysis, and visualization to design new services along the complete product lifecycle. The synergies that will be developed within the OIL systems will provide innovative ways to understand Industry 4.0 as a whole. The Big Data for Industry 4.0 programme from EIT Digital Master School will introduce the basics of Industry 4.0, Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT), Edge Computing and their application to various companies that span from food to manufacturing, from security to IT management. As an important outcome, the participants will learn how to develop and evaluate different business models and will be challenged by delivering and pitching their ideas to companies based on real use cases proposed by involved industry partners.
The summer school will be organized by the University of Bologna at the University Residential Center of Bertinoro (Centro Universitario di Bertinoro - CeUB).
Each programme has a focus on business innovation and entrepreneurship, there is no need to have specific technical backgrounds or any coding knowledge to join our Summer School.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- In the two-week Summer School programmes you will be introduced to the state-of-the-art technologies, you will meet other professionals and be amongst technology savvy master students.
- The programme consists of focused lectures and keynotes by academics and practitioners, project work, company visits, customer interviews, and social events. Some of the lectures are oriented to developing your soft skills as well. You will have pitching classes and experienced coaches help you to get out of your comfort zone.
- An important aspect of the summer school is the interaction with companies and entrepreneurs. You get insights into how the local industry is working on digital transformation or making new business. Alongside the hard work, each summer school is hosting social activities to enable you to build a firm international network.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 14 days
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesIndustrial & Systems Engineering Entrepreneurship Data Science & Big Data View 4 other Short Courses in Data Science & Big Data in Italy
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Academic qualification - post-secondary education (bachelor’s degree, master’s degree, or doctoral degree). Undergraduate students still studying must have completed at least one academic year of their bachelor’s degree programme and have at least one year of work or internship experience.
- English language proficiency (English language proficiency test such as TOEFL or IELTS, successful completion of previous education in English, completion of ESL programme, completion of other English language courses, etc.).
- Submit a Curriculum Vitae
- Submit a copy of the photo page of the passport or ID
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International1650 EUR/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1650 EUR for the full programme during 14 days.
EU/EEA1650 EUR/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1650 EUR for the full programme during 14 days.
Organisations: EUR 950 (Special tuition fees for organisations which register 5 or more participants.)
Please visit the website for stipends and grants details.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.