The Digital Methods for Media and Democracy program from EIT Digital Master School aims to develop concrete innovative tools to enable journalists and researchers to detect the implications of the inauthentic activities for democracy and explore the boundaries within which these activities can be produced online.
The topic will be explored through lectures, tutorials, and hands-on collaborations with advanced innovators, researchers and topical experts. During the first week, you will work in small interdisciplinary teams on problems that will be initiated by leading experts working on innovative methods and also journalism. In the second week, you will develop the project further into a business case. The summer school concludes with final presentations, which is a public event open to a large audience.
The Amsterdam Summer School offers you in-depth training in the latest innovative digital methods and the opportunity to participate in data sprints with international innovators and researchers. It is situated within a pioneering new media cultural scene in Amsterdam and in a top-ranked academic environment among universities worldwide.
Located in the vibrant heart of Amsterdam’s city centre, the University Quarter will be the place for summer school workshops, with accommodation and catering nearby. Several social events will complement the programme.
Each programme has a focus on business innovation and entrepreneurship, there is no need to have specific technical backgrounds or any coding knowledge to join our Summer School.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- In the two-week Summer School programmes you will be introduced to the state-of-the-art technologies, you will meet other professionals and be amongst technology savvy master students.
- The programme consists of focused lectures and keynotes by academics and practitioners, project work, company visits, customer interviews, and social events. Some of the lectures are oriented to developing your soft skills as well.
- You will have pitching classes and experienced coaches help you to get out of your comfort zone. An important aspect of the summer school is the interaction with companies and entrepreneurs. You get insights into how the local industry is working on digital transformation or making new business. Alongside the hard work, each summer school is hosting social activities to enable you to build a firm international network.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 13 days
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEntrepreneurship Media Studies & Mass Media Digital Communication
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Academic qualification - post-secondary education (bachelor’s degree, master’s degree, or doctoral degree). Undergraduate students still studying must have completed at least one academic year of their bachelor’s degree programme and have at least one year of work experience.
- English language proficiency (English language proficiency test such as TOEFL or IELTS, successful completion of previous education in English, completion of ESL programme, completion of other English language courses, etc.).
- Submit a Curriculum Vitae
- Submit a copy of the photo page of passport or ID
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International1650 EUR/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1650 EUR for the full programme during 13 days.
EU/EEA1650 EUR/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1650 EUR for the full programme during 13 days.
Organisations: EUR 950 (Special tuition fees for organisations which register 5 or more participants.)
Please visit the website for stipends and grants details.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.